Columbiana County Recorder | James Armeni Sr.

(330) 424-9517


    I paid my house off but have not received my deed?

    You would have received your deed when you first purchased the property (Either, from the title company or Attorney). You still receive your deed even if you have a mortgage on your property. If you had a divorce or had to change the deed since you originally bought it then that deed would be your newest one on record. If you do not have your deed, then you can get a copy in our office for $2 a page fee or on our website for free. (We do not keep originals of deeds in our office)

    I want to transfer my property but do not want to go to an attorney. (Change a name on the deed)

    We cannot give legal advice on any document. The best advice we can give is to seek legal advice from an attorney or licensed title company.

    How can I get a copy of a document?

    You can get a copy from our website using the search index tab. If for some reason it is not available on our site, then you will have to send us a letter of request or come into the office any request must include the required information such as book and page, instrument number, and name. We are not permitted by law to conduct title searches and cannot provide copies without the required information. If you are sending a letter it needs to state what you are requesting, a book and page or instrument number, a self-addressed stamped envelope, and money for the cost of the copy ($2 a page). Please make your request to the attention of the Recorder’s Office and it can be mailed to the following address:

    105 S. Market Street Lisbon, Ohio 44432

    What steps are involved in recording a deed in your county?

    You will need a copy of your current deed along with the one you intend to record. You will then need to go to the County Map office, County Auditor's office, and then the Recorder's office.

    Do you have any forms in your office for me to fill out?

    We do not have document forms in our office. All documents including deeds need to be prepared before coming into the Court House.

    What are your hours?

    Our hours are 8am-4pm Mon-Fri

    We stop recording at 3:30 each day.

    • Please note we will not accept documents for recording after 3:30

    What is the cost to record a document?

    Generally, the cost to record a document in the Recorder’s Office is $34 for the first 1 or 2 pages and $8 for each additional page. Then $4 for each cross reference or marginal notation. There is also a $20 Standardization fee if the documents fail to comply with the Ohio law (317.114). Please see (317.32) and (317.36) or for a list of additional fees.

    What forms of payment do you accept?

    We accept cash, check, and credit card.

    Do you fax or email documents?

    No, we do not fax or email documents.

    I need to do research in your office. Do you have accounts for copies?

    We do not have copy accounts for printing copies of documents. We use a copy card system that can be reloaded and reused. However, once money is on the copy card, we cannot refund it.

    Can I get a copy of my relative's discharge?

    Military discharges have restricted public access. ORC 317.24 allows authorized parties to request copes of recorded military discharges. Proper identification MUST be presented to view and receive copies.

    Authorized parties include:

    The Veteran who is subject to the discharge
    A County Service Officer
    An individual with Power of Attorney for the Veteran
    An Executor or Administrator of the Veterans Estate
    A funeral home director
    A recorded discharge document is not public record for a period of seventy-five (75) years after the date of recording.

    Using the online Search.

    You can access documents online by clicking on the “Search Index” tab on our site. This will then take you to a search screen. Using the simple search, you can type in a person’s name or book and page for a document and then click search. Once the results populate you can click on the small magnifying glass to view and print your images. The documents are organized by year and document type.

    How do I E-Record?

    You must contact one our E-Recording partners and establish an account with them. This will allow you to send documents to us electronically. However, we do not have the ability to accept Deeds, Mineral deeds, Easements & Right of Ways, Land Contracts, or other instruments of conveyance. These will need to be walked through in person.  

    Main Menu